Gibson Explorer "Shred-X" ebony
- MSRP: $ ...
- shape: Explorer 1984 Design (no pickguard)
- construction: Set-Neck
- neck: mahogany
- body: mahogany
- fingerboard: ebony 22 frets, black dot inlays, 24 3/4 scale, nut width 1-11/16", fretboard radius 12"
- electronics: active EMG 85 (bridge) / 85 (neck), 2 Volume controls, 1 tone, toggle 3 way selector
- hardware: Kahler tremolo system bridge, Grover locking tuners
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "Gibson" gold logo
-- back of headstock: "XXX" printed in white (consecutive from 000 to 999) + XXXXXXXXX MADE IN USA 2008 standard serial punched
- colors and other features: Ebony black with black headstock, black hardware, black knobs
- notes: Weight 9.0 lbs / 4.1 kg , very similar to Hetfield MX-250 guitar, but with some differences, like the position of the knobs and more pointed headstock.
Gibson USA’s Guitar of the Month for June 2008