2009 - KENNETH LAWRENCE double neck
- shape: similar to MX-250 but double
- construction: set neck
- neck: double mahogany w/"pre-stressed" graphite spars and "dual acting" truss rod
- body: mahogany with Chechen Top, Headcap, Wenge Rear Cover Plate
- fingerboard: Central American Rosewood "Grenadillo" fretboard w/"Blind Binding" figured brazilian rosewood top, without inlays,
24.75" scale and 27" scale, Graph Tech nut; 22 frets .110" x .052" "Wide Pyramid" from Sanko Seisakusho, Japan; Fibre-optic
- electronics: 2 set of active EMG 81 (bridge) / 60 (neck), 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 2 Toggle 3 way selector, 2 killswitches, 1 neck selector switch
- hardware: 2 t-o-m Bridges and Tailpieces, Schaller straplocks, Sperzel locking tuners, Black Hardware
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstocks: Hand cut Mother of Pearl Logo
-- back of headstocks: (nothing)
-- rear of the cover plate: serial number + date of production + KL signature
- colors and other features: Hand rubbed Oil and Wax finish
- notes: comes with hardshell fly case and c.o.a.
More info at:
One of Hetfield's most exquisite explorers. Used live for Nothing else matters and in the Studio. While most Doublenecks are a 12/6 string configuration, this one differs with the fact that , both necks are 6 strings and the upper neck is a standard 24.75" scale while the lower one is a 27.75" Baritone scale ,usually tuned to drop B.
Instruments like this Kenneth Lawrence doubleneck Explorer - with two six-string necks, 24.75" and 27.75" (baritone) respectively - are certainly very impressive looking creations. This particular guitar is currently being offered for sale on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $18,250.00. The body is made from mahogany topped with premium Hawaiian Koa, and accented here and there with the same plus snakewood for the knobs and pickup rings. It certainly makes for a very eye-catching instrument.