2010 - ESP KH-DC STBC Cherry
(See Through Black Cherry)
The KH-DC, a new double cutaway archtop design, is available in 2012 as the latest ESP and LTD Kirk Hammett Signature Series model.
The prototype was onstage with Kirk during Metallica’s Death Magnetic world tour.
- year: 2012-->today
- MSRP 2013: $4999
- shape: double cutaway
- construction: set neck
- neck: mahogany, Thin U Neck Contour
- body: mahogany, Flamed Maple Top
- fingerboard: rosewood, 25.5" scale, 350mm radius, 22 XJ frets (from 17 to 22 Scalloped), "Skull & Crossbone" green inlays, 42mm Locking Nut
- electronics: active EMG pickups 81 bridge / 60 neck gold covered, 2 Volume, 1 Tone, 3 way toggle switch
- hardware: Tonepros Locking TOM Bridge & Tailpiece, Sperzel Locking Tuners, Gold Hardware
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP" italic logo + Kirk Hammett signature
-- back of headstock: SSXXXXXXX (9 digits) serial number + "ESP SIGNATURE SERIES" white round logo + "MADE IN JAPAN" patch
- colors and other features: See Thru Black Cherry (STBC)
- notes: comes with ESP C.O.A. and ESP hardcase
The guitar in pics is another prototype due tot eh inlays but also has 4 knobs and switch in a different position.
This is based on the rare Strings and Things Gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway.