2017 / 2017 - ESP KH-2 Ouija Natural - Limited 25p.
2017 - ESP KH OuiJa Natural
- year: 2017 (October)
- construction: Neck through body
- neck: 3 pieces maple, Extra Thin U-shaped, 2-Way Adjustable truss rod
- body: Alder (40mm) + 5mm Quilted Maple Drop Top (total 45mm thickness)
- fingerboard: ebony, 25.5" scale lenght, 305mm (12") radius (thickness 1st fret:19mm - 12th fret:21mm), 24 extra-jumbo Jescar frets FW57110 NS, scalloped for frets #17-24, "Moon & Star" inlays, 42mm Floyd Rose R2 Locking nut width
- electronics: active pickups EMG 81 (bridge) / 60 (neck) with custom quilted maple covers featuring the Ouija artwork, 2-Volumes, 1-Tone, 3-Way Blade Switch
- hardware: Original Floyd Rose Bridge, Gotoh Tuners, Black Hardware, standard strap button, Elixir .009" - .042" strings
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP" black/gold glittered logo + KH signature
-- back of headstock: standard serial number "EXXXX17X" + "ONATXX" + Made in Japan transparent patch + new world ESP gold glitter logo + "OUIJA is a trademark of Hasbro and is used with permission C2017 Hasbro. All Roghts Reserved." + Made in Japan patch
- colors and other features: Natural Gloss on Top - Black Gloss on Back)
- notes: special Ouija case and a signed Certificate of Authenticity from ESP, along with an 8x10 photo of Kirk with the guitar and a reproduction of the original build sheet used at the ESP Custom Shop.
Only 25 of these guitars are being handcrafted by the luthiers at the ESP Custom Shop in Japan, making them an immediately rare and valuable collector’s item as well as a top-of-the-line instrument for serious players.
Crafted by hand with painstaking detail at the world-famous ESP Custom Shop in Japan and limited to just 25 pieces worldwide, the ESP KH Ouija Natural is — from day one — a rare and highly-coveted Signature Series guitar created for Kirk Hammett of Metallica. The ESP KH Ouija Natural takes the famed graphics from Kirk Hammett’s original Ouija guitar and uses them on a stunning hand-selected, highly-figured, 5mm thick, quilted maple “drop top” that complements the guitar’s alder body.