2017 - ESP KH Demonology
Metallica's Kirk Hammett is fascinated by the strange and macabre aspects of life, evidenced by his custom guitars featuring classic horror art and paranormal phenomena, most famously seen in his well-known Ouija guitars. The next step in his Signature Series is the ESP KH Demonology, a guitar powerful enough to summon the mightiest of dark forces. Over its black finish are a number of sigils, which are ancient symbols reputed to be imbued with magical power that allows the owner to summon demonic entities. Whether or not you use the KH Demonology as a portal to magical dimensions, it's an amazing musical instrument in its own right. The ESP KH Demonology is a neck-thru-body design at 25.5" scale, with a comfortably contoured alder body, an extra-thin U-shaped three-piece maple neck, and a rosewood fingerboard inlaid with Kirk's skull-and-crossbones motif, along with 24 extra-jumbo frets (scalloped from 17-24). A set of active EMG 60 (neck) and EMG 81 (bridge) pickups provide a range of tones that go from deep and rich to super aggressive with the flick of a toggle switch, and each pickup has its own volume control. The ESP KH Demonology includes a Floyd Rose Original tremolo for expressive performance styles, and comes with a special Tombstone case, appropriate for this unearthly tool of musical mayhem.
- year: 2017
- MSRP: $...
- shape: KH-2
- construction: Neck through body
- neck: 3 pieces maple, Extra Thin U-shaped, 2-Way Adjustable truss rod
- body: Alder
- fingerboard: rosewood, 25.5" scale lenght, 305mm (12") radius (thickness 1st fret:19mm - 12th fret:21mm), 24 extra-jumbo Jescar frets FW57110 NS, scalloped for frets #17-24, "Skull & Crossbones" inlays, 42mm Floyd Rose R2 Locking nut width
- electronics: active pickups EMG 81 (bridge) / 60 (neck), 2-Volumes, 1-Tone, 3-Way Blade Switch
- hardware: Original Floyd Rose Bridge, Gotoh Tuners, Black Hardware, standard strap button, Elixir .009" - .042" strings
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP" black/gold glittered logo + KH signature truss rod cover
-- back of headstock: standard serial number "EXXXX17X" + Made in Japan transparent patch + new world ESP gold glitter logo
- colors and other features: Black w/ Demonology Graphic
- notes: C.O.A. and case CTOMBMHFF included.