2018 - ESP KH-2 Purple Sparkle
Crafted by hand, one at a time by the master luthiers at the ESP Custom Shop in Japan, the ESP KH-2 Purple Sparkle is the latest update to the Signature Series of Kirk Hammett, lead guitarist of the world's most successful metal band in history, Metallica. The KH-2 Purple Sparkle is more than just a killer new finish; its specs make it a whole new guitar. It offers neck-thru-body construction at 25.5” scale with a comfortable alder body and an extra thin U-shaped 3-piece maple neck with a great-feeling natural gloss finish on the back of the neck. The KH-2 Purple Sparkle has a 305mm radius rosewood fingerboard with 24 extra-jumbo frets and Kirk's signature “skull and bones” inlays, and the fingerboard is scalloped from frets 17-24. This guitar’s sound is powered by a pair of EMG KH Bone Breaker Limited Edition pickups. Designed to bring out the best in Kirk’s tone, the pickups offer crisp leads or smooth, rounded rhythm tones at a flick of its three-way selector. Components on the KH-2 Purple Sparkle include high-quality Gotoh tuners and a Floyd Rose Original bridge, and it comes with an ESP hard shell case.
- year: 2018 (January)
- MSRP: $...
- shape: KH-2
- construction: Neck through body
- neck: 3 pieces maple, Extra Thin U-shaped
- body: Alder
- fingerboard: rosewood, 25.5" scale lenght, 305mm (12") radius (thickness 1st fret:19mm - 12th fret:21mm), 24 extra-jumbo frets (Scalloped on 17-24), "Skull & Crossbone" inlays, 42mm R2 Floyd Rose Locking nut width
- electronics: active pickups EMG KH Bone Breaker Limited Edition, 2-Volumes, 1-Tone, 3-Way Blade Switch
- hardware: Floyd Rose Original Bridge, Gotoh Tuners, Black Hardware, standard strap button, D'Addario XL120 (.009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042)
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "LTD" light gray/gold glittered logo + KH signature
-- back of headstock: "serial number ..." + "designed by ESP"
- colors and other features: Purple Sparkle finish
- notes: Includes CMHFF case and C.O.A.