ESP KH-3 Spider Reissue 30th Anniversary
Handcrafted at the ESP Custom Shop in Japan, the ESP Kirk Hammett Signature Series 30th Anniversary KH-3 Spider is a reissue of the original KH-3 model.
KIRK HAMMETT KH-3 SPIDER 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION (from ESP site)
In 1991, Kirk Hammett of Metallica came to ESP with a request for a new guitar with a single cutaway design, but with the features of his KH-2 guitar. Metallica’s graphic artist Pushead designed a spider graphic specifically for this new instrument. The KH-3 was played by Kirk throughout the ’90s on tours supporting the legendary Black Album.
After spending a number of years on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of fame, the original KH-3 was returned to ESP so we could reference it for this 30th Anniversary edition. The ESP and LTD Kirk Hammett Signature Series 30th Anniversary KH-3 Spider are reissues of the original KH-3 model with a few upgrades. In addition to neck-thru-body construction and a fast extra-thin U-shaped neck with an ebony fingerboard, we’ve added a scalloped fingerboard from frets #17-24. Both new models also feature Kirk’s signature EMG Bonebreaker pickups.
"I always liked the feel of the single cutaway shape, and thought it would be great with a Floyd Rose and my usual pickups. Not to mention having a place to plaster the killer Pushead graphic that was drawn specifically for that guitar back in the day!" – Kirk Hammett
- year: 2021
- MSRP: $...
- shape: KH-3
- construction: Neck through body- neck: 3 pieces maple, Extra Thin U-shaped
- body: Alder (45mm thickness)
- fingerboard: ebony, 25.5" scale lenght, 305mm (12") radius (thickness 1st fret:19mm - 12th fret:21mm), 24 extra-jumbo Jescar frets FW57110 NS, scalloped for frets #17-24, "Spider" inlays, 42mm Floyd Rose R2 Locking nut width
- electronics: active pickups EMGS KH Bone Breaker (Kirk Hammett’s acclaimed signature EMG pickups offer smooth rounded rhythm tones and crisp crushing leads, and are presented here with the highest level of detail), 2-Volumes, 1-Tone, 3-Way Blade Switch
- hardware: Original Floyd Rose Bridge, Gotoh Tuners, Black Hardware, standard strap button, Elixir .009" - .042" strings
- logos and serials:
-- front of headstock: "ESP" italic logo + "Kirk Hammett" signature
-- back of headstock: ...
- colors and other features: Black Spider Graphic
- notes: spider are Green respect the original to match the EMGS....